Friday, April 8, 2011

Citrus Overload

Hey! So yesterday's shake was a failure! I felt so bad..but it was so thick I couldn't drink it, and it was left out too long to try to mix it again :( Waste of money!

Today I made a Citrus Shake. Pack full of Vit C!

Ingredients:
1 large Ruby Red Grapefruit
1 banana
4 cups (Five large leaves) Kale
1 carrot
1 1/4 cups of Orange Juice (I recommended no pulp; you will taste it in the shake and it is gross)
1 scoop of super food
2 tablespoons of flax seed
1 scoop of whey protein

I was going to add an apple or half of one, but this already yield 32 oz.

This is VERY citrus-y! But good! You can taste the grapefruit. I thought it was a super nice change from the normal taste of these shakes. I also added 5 ice cubes.

Now that I am not adding frozen fruit (I don't have any right now) the shakes aren't as cold (and if they are not cold it isn't as appetizing) or thick. Adding 2 bananas is a big mistake! Then I put it in the freezer for about 20 mins. I will add a comment on how it turned out thickness and cold wise.


Again...I would never eat a grapefruit by itself, so I am adding things to my diet I otherwise wouldn't get.


I hope you all are enjoying the photos. I don't have a camera on hand, so I know they aren't the best, but I hope it does gives some kind of visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment